Prepare for the Nittany AI Challenge by attending our hybrid (online and in-person) Rapid Prototyping Workshop, designed for those eager to bring their AI and ML product ideas to life in the shortest time possible.
Join Leslie Martin Wubbel, a Penn State and Nittany AI Challenge alum, and equip yourself with the skills and knowledge needed to transform your AI and ML ideas into tangible prototypes ready for real-world deployment. Whether you’re a seasoned developer or just starting out, this workshop promises to be an invaluable resource in your tech journey.
Leslie understands the challenges that come with prototyping and deployment, which is why you will receive access to a meticulous step-by-step tutorial. As a past winner, he also understands what it takes to succeed in the Nittany AI Challenge. From conceptualization to deployment, we’ve got you covered every step of the way.
Here’s a snapshot of what you’ll gain from this session:
- Deploy a backend Flask App with ML & AI functionality onto Google Cloud.
- Add Machine Learning Module (Monte Carlo simulation).
- Call Alpha Advantage API GET Data past it to Monte Carlo.
- Store the results in Supabase as a cloud-based backend to store and retrieve data.
- Call Machine Learning Module in Flask with template and input box.
- Deploy the Flask App
- Create API calls in Next.JS app to POST/GET data from the Flask App backend.
- Create an Input Component to Call Machine Learning Module triggering Monte Carlo simulation.
- Build a graph in react to render the results from our machine learning model from our Flask App backend.
- Deploy the Next.JS App on Vercel.
- Ensure the deployment facilitates communication between both apps.
- Install Node
- Install Python
- Install Git
- Create a Google account
- Create a Github account
- Create a Vercel account to Deploy Next.JS apps
- Create a Supabase account for database
- Install VScode
- Add python app on VScode
- Add indent-rainbow on VScode
Access to GitHub Repository: As part of the workshop, you’ll gain access to a specially curated GitHub repository. This repository is packed with resources, templates, and code snippets, all designed to give you a head start in your prototyping journey.
Take the leap from idea to implementation.
Registration is limited, so don’t delay and register now!
Online registration is not currently available.